[ANN} New XFree86 PPC 4.0.2 tree

Subject: [ANN} New XFree86 PPC 4.0.2 tree
From: Ani Joshi (ajoshi@shell.unixbox.com)
Date: Sat Dec 30 2000 - 20:00:24 MST

I have recently updated my XFree86 tree to 4.0.2 with my updated
drivers. Here are some notes which will be usefull:

* Accelerated drivers which are now "ppc safe" in my tree include:
        ATI Mach64
        ATI Rage128/Pro/Mobility
        3Dfx Banshee
        3Dfx Voodoo3
        3Dfx Voodoo5
        IMS TwinTurbo 128/3D
        Matrox Millenium (other Matrox cards may also work but only the
                Millenium was used, feedback would be nice from gX00 users)

The only remaining chipset which I have immediate plans to support on PPC
is the ATI Radeon, for which the PCI version will hopefully be arriving my
way soon. If you wish to have any other chipset supported please email me
about it.

* 3Dfx Banshee/Voodoo3/Voodoo5 users will have to apply
the attatched
patches: tdfx-2.2.patch.gz and pciconfig.patch
* Voodoo5 users only have 8bpp working at the moment, I am still tracking
this buglet down
* Matrox users will temporarily be stuck in 8bpp due to a PCI kernel bug
which will hopefully be solved soon.

A note to those who wish to make binary packages of XFree86 which include
source from this tree: do NOT attempt to diff just the driver directories
as there are many changes in the core server code, diff the whole tree.

Information on obtaining the tree can be found at:

http://linuxppc.org/documentation/xf4/

Thanks to ATI and 3Dfx developer relations teams for their hardware
donations and help.

ani