compliling software

Subject: compliling software
From: Robert Serphillips (rserphillips@austin.rr.com)
Date: Sat Dec 01 2001 - 12:31:53 MST

Just installed a bunch of packages so that I can complie this software. I installed cpp,binutils,gcc,make,and automake. Here's the error I get. Am I missing somthing?

[root@dhcp-457-2493]# ./configure
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking host system type... powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables.