Re: compliling software

Subject: Re: compliling software
From: Patrick Callahan (pac1@tiac.net)
Date: Sun Dec 02 2001 - 05:33:45 MST

On Saturday 01 December 2001 02:31, you wrote:
> Just installed a bunch of packages so that I can complie this software. I
> installed cpp,binutils,gcc,make,and automake. Here's the error I get. Am I
> missing somthing?

The common practice of using reply to any message to create a new message
creates confusion. If you look at the archives of the list you can see what I
mean. Please do not send new subjects to the list using Reply to a
different message

Whats happening is that messages form threads in the list based on the mail
header field In-Reply-To: and not on the subject.

In my situation, using kmail, the right way is to use the ?
yellowdog-general@lists.yellowdog.com address from the address book and
create a new message and address it properly. ?That's what I did in this
case, so I expect this message will appear as its own thread in Kmail

Is there a way to modify the list so that modified topics drop the
In-Reply-To header unless a key word appears in the subject?

-Pat