kernel

Subject: kernel
From: Roman Jasins (roma@latnet.lv)
Date: Sun Dec 02 2001 - 09:47:26 MST

Dear listers,
I've been trying to build kernel 2.4 for my iBook, but failed every time I
tried.
I've built kernel before on BSD/Intel boxes, but never on Linux/PPC.

Could somebody explain what is going on. Whether I have the wrong kernel
source or .config file.

I rsync -avz --delete source from source.mvista.com::linuxppc_2_4
I'm duing usual:
1. make menuconfig
2. make dep
3. make vmlinux

Make vmlinux is where it's crashing. This is what it's telling me:

s/fs.o: In function `cpuinfo_open':
fs/fs.o(.text+0x2479a): undefined reference to `cpuinfo_op'
fs/fs.o(.text+0x2479e): undefined reference to `c
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

Any help is appreciated, except I don't want to download binary kernel, I
want to build my own.

Thank you.