Re: kernel

Subject: Re: kernel
From: Cdowns (cdowns@lifeatzero.com)
Date: Sun Dec 02 2001 - 14:07:32 MST

Roman,

out of curiostity did you do "make mrproper" ? if you dont you will be in a world
of kernel pain.

1 tar zxvf kernel-2.4.10.tar.gz
2 make mrproper
3 vi Makefile ( edit ExtraVersion Line ) < ----- this will make
/usr/lib/modules/<version you specified>
4 make menuconfig
5 make dep && make clean && make bzImage && make modules modules_install

Make sure you re symlink your System map and vmlinuz in /boot

well hope this help.

~>D