Re: MacOS 9.1 to X.1 Upgrade dangerous?. NON-ANSWERED!!!!.

Subject: Re: MacOS 9.1 to X.1 Upgrade dangerous?. NON-ANSWERED!!!!.
From: Malayil Philip George (georgemp@mac.com)
Date: Mon Dec 03 2001 - 13:09:55 MST

> HELLO!>
>
> Sorry but I've not received any good response about my FIRST question:
> what about Upgrading from 9.1 to X.1 and my current configuration.
> Only wars about "who is the best" and other stories doesn't concern to
> my question.
> I'm going to upgrade from 9.1 to X.1, and I'd like to know how to do it
> in a clear manner.
>
> Regards/

Hi,
   I've had absolutely no troubles installing Mac OS X 10.1 on my computer
with OS 9.1. As long as your computer is supported there should be no
problems. In case of a beige G3 make sure your OS X partition is fully
contained on the first 8GB. Try to install OS X on a separate partition. In
case something goes wrong u can then just back up your Users folder and
reformat the OS X partition. Partitions are in any case a good idea :-) Have
fun using OS X. imho, it rocks :)...but, still needs a couple of additions

P.s. Be sure to go through the software updates after installing 10.1. The
first one which will show up in the software updates system prefs panel is
security update and IE update. After installing the security update you
will be able to install 10.1.1 and the airport update if you are using it.