OSX vs. YDL - new

Subject: OSX vs. YDL - new
From: Mark Philip (markphilip_27@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Dec 03 2001 - 17:24:02 MST

Hi all,
As you may have read from my previous posts, I am a newbie when it comes
to Linux, having only used Red Hat Linux on a PC Notebook. I would like
to know, just out of interest, why would anyone install Linux (eg. YDL)
on a G4 machine when they can install OSX? I would have thought that if
my Mac was able to run OSX, then I would not install YDL at all, since
OSX is based on UNIX. Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Many thanks again,

--
Mark Philip <mailto:markphilip_27@yahoo.com>, Singapore.
"Acknowledging the main failing of previous Microsoft operating systems,