Re: OSX vs. YDL

Subject: Re: OSX vs. YDL
From: John Norair (jnorair@Princeton.EDU)
Date: Mon Dec 03 2001 - 18:24:14 MST

This is a flame, but it is my first and hopefully last. I could sum
this post up in a quick sentence, but I'll be polite about it instead.

I was heartily insulted when you concluded that I am a newbie, since
that is far from the case. I'd actually suspect that my grasp of the
linux operating system may be beyond yours, but of course I have no way
of knowing, and I don't really care.

I am frustrated, though, since Redhats seem so messy (I'm thinking about
switching to Debian). Please stop twisting my words around and just
stick to your side of the argument rather than making hearsay arguments
against subjective elements of my opinion, after which taking them for
absolute truth. My statements aren't bogus, because they are exactly
the case for me personally, which is my reference point to begin with.
You can't just say that I'm "completely wrong," unless of course you
think I'm lying about my experiences.

Your dogmatic, absolutist approach to arguing against a subjectively
oriented opinion poll won't make you many friends. It also won't help
at a job interview. All of my argumentative points on why I like X more
than YDL have been made clear, and I see no reason to continue this
thread unless you have something original to add.

Goodbye,
John Norair