Installing YDL 2.1

Subject: Installing YDL 2.1
From: Michael LeBlanc (leblanc@skycomputers.COM)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 11:19:54 MST

I'm new to the list and admit that I have not searched extensively
for help with my two problems. They are ...

(1) I have 2.0 on a titanium laptop and it works fine. I want to
    upgrade to 2.1. Is there a document with instructions for
    upgrading, not just installing?

(2) I have a recently retired "senior citizen" and want to install
    YDL. Details below.

It is a 9600/200 PowerMac, 256mb ram and 4gb scsi disk. Now the
fun. It has been "enhanced" with a Maxpowr (rip) G4/350mhz cpu
and a 2nd internal 18gb scsi disk, which is just for Linux; an
Orange PCI card with 2 firewire and 2 usb ports; an Asante
10/100BaseT ethernet PCI card; a KeySpan PCI card with 2 "legacy"
serial ports. So what's my problem?

After booting from the CD, 2.0 or 2.1, it gets to the "pastoral"
scene for about 0.5 seconds, then goes to another screen that
offers 4 different install scenarios and 4 boot scenarios. I can
move from one to another with the tab key, but I can't select
anything! Enter and mouse click do nothing. I have an Apple
mouse and a Kensington keyboard. The only thing plugged into all
those cards is an ethernet cable. Oh, and MacOS 9.1 is installed
on the 4gb disk.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Or, make me an offer.

Mike