9600/233 video - what is it?

Subject: 9600/233 video - what is it?
From: AllanL (AllanL@RCCB.OSIS.GOV)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 13:08:52 MST

I tried YDL 2.1 with the IMS Twin Turbo , it does terrible color, even
when I try video=imsttfb. I find that Suse 7.1 works much better with
it, Mandrake 8.0 is confused by the scsi ports (use the 2.4 kernel).

i have a 9600/233 with no modifications and am installing ydl 2.0 on it.
all goes well until xconfig where the installer states that the video card
is unrecognized. i've checked apple's hardware specs site and
lowendmac.com but all that's said is that it is a "4 MB video card". not
very helpful. so my question is, is there a better choice than
frambuffer?

any help is greatly appreciated!