Re:YDL 2.1 install failure: transferring packages

Subject: Re:YDL 2.1 install failure: transferring packages
From: Adam Dershowitz (dersh@alum.mit.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 18:39:25 MST

Thanks for this info.
But in my case it seems that root is in fact mounted. So that does
not seem to be the problem.
I have tried to install a whole bunch of different ways (default or
not, repartition or not, minimum or much more, or choosing my own
packages, text or graphic installer). I even re-downloaded and
reburned the disk image from a mirror just to be sure.
Each time I get the same error. It seems to finish reading the
install database, then it resolves package dependencies, then it
brings up "transferring packages" sits there a little while, with the
CD busy for a while, but not displaying any more info about specific
packages or making any other progress. Then it brings up the message
"error running transaction set" and "please correct this manually"
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--

--Adam