MOL date and time warp

Subject: MOL date and time warp
From: Stephen Prause (SPRAUSE@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 13:00:05 MST

My Mac-on-Linux has a minor problem. Every few hours the date
shifts way ahead to 2033. I can use the Mac data/time control
panel to sync up with a network time server. But the date keeps
shifting ahead again later.

My Linux time is correct and doesn't change. And the MacOS time
(without Linux) is also fine and not upset. I haven't seen any
related postings at MOL or YDL. Does anyone have any experience
or insight. I don't want to be 70 years old yet! Thanks.

System specs: Beige desktop PowerMac G3 266MHz, YellowDog Linux
v2.0 (updated with yup).