Re: High memory ?

Subject: Re: High memory ?
From: johnathan spectre (jspectre@lords.com)
Date: Thu Dec 06 2001 - 09:33:15 MST

Yes, you need to enable "High Memory Support" in order to see the rest
of your RAM. I've actually had problems booting kernels on my Pismo with
1G of ram. The solution was to remove one of the SODIMM's, a PITA if you
ask me. It seems though more distros are building this into their kernels.

I'm not sure why it's labeled as "experimental". It's been that way as
long as I can remember.. I've never had any trouble I could blame on
having too much RAM.