Re: Umax clone w/ kernel > 2.4.4

Subject: Re: Umax clone w/ kernel > 2.4.4
From: Robert Serphillips (rserphillips@austin.rr.com)
Date: Thu Dec 06 2001 - 23:11:39 MST

The S900 and J700 use almost the exact same motherboard. So my question is what types of problems are you seeing with the 2.4.4 kernel. I'm getting a kernel panic on shutdown so the fix has been to not shut the computer down :). But I would like to have DRI support (2.4.6?) and power managment capability (2.4.7?). It just sucks because it looks like I might be stuck in the water as far as future upgrades goes. I wonder if there a patch for whatever is fricking up the kernel.