Re: Yup "error"

Subject: Re: Yup "error"
From: Graham Leggett (minfrin@sharp.fm)
Date: Sat Dec 08 2001 - 23:43:33 MST

Graham Leggett wrote:

> When I tried to run yup on a freshly installed YDL v2.1, I get this:
>
> [root@jessica /root]# yup update
> Reading RPM database... (100%)
> Performing dependencies sanity check...
> Checking for package list updates...
>
> Error:

Taking advice from another post, I tried "yup config mirror", which got
rid of the above lame error (surely it should have said "Error: yup not
initialised, use yup config first"?).

But yup now fails with the following error:

  [root@jessica /root]# yup update
  Reading RPM database... (100%)
  Performing dependencies sanity check...
  Checking for package list updates...
  [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '//var/cache/yup/Yellow Dog Linux
release 2.1-ppc/yup.db.stat'

A check of whether the file exists reveals this:

[root@jessica /root]# ls -al "//var/cache/yup/Yellow Dog Linux release
2.1-ppc/yup.db.stat"
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 37 Dec 8 03:07
//var/cache/yup/Yellow Dog Linux release 2.1-ppc/yup.db.stat ->
/mnt/media/YellowDog/ppc/.yup.db.stat

The file /mnt/media/YellowDog/ppc/.yup.db.stat does not exist.

Has anyone ever tested yup with YDL v2.1 - the fact that yup is this
broken out the box is pretty lame.

Regards,
Graham