Re: Problems after OS X upgrade...

Subject: Re: Problems after OS X upgrade...
From: Christopher Murtagh (christopher.murtagh@mcgill.ca)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 07:44:08 MST

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Jim Lambert wrote:
>I can't boot YD Linux. I'm not given the opportunity to select Linux
>during boot up, because I never see yaboot during startup.

 Boot with the option key pressed. You should then see a couple of HDs (at
least two) with icons for each OS. Select the penguin, and boot into
linux.

 Once you are in Linux, as user root, run ybin. This will reset your PRAM
so that the boot device is the linux bootloader partition.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Sysadmin Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada

Tel.: (514) 398-3122 Fax: (514) 398-2017