Re: Problems after OS X upgrade...

Subject: Re: Problems after OS X upgrade...
From: Nick (Spunky Cadaver) (spunkycadaver@mac.com)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 14:28:04 MST

>On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Jim Lambert wrote:
>>I can't boot YD Linux. I'm not given the opportunity to select Linux
>>during boot up, because I never see yaboot during startup.
>

> Boot with the option key pressed. You should then see a couple of HDs (at
>least two) with icons for each OS. Select the penguin, and boot into
>linux.
>
> Once you are in Linux, as user root, run ybin. This will reset your PRAM
>so that the boot device is the linux bootloader partition.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Chris

AhHHH holding option DOES support linux boots? cool I always wondered
about that but I cant install YDL on my cube yet (Radeon ADC and
Apple ADC monitor). My lombard doesnt work holding option to select a
boot drive *shrug* I just boot into openfirmware (command opt O F)
and do a setenv bootdevice=hd:<boot loader partition number
here>,\\ofboot.b

--
01001110011010010110001101101011

"Windows XP not found: (C)heer, (P)arty, (D)ance?"

"Macintosh -- we might not get everything right, but atleast we knew the century was going to end."

Spunky Cadaver Nick Shaff http://shade.cit.cornell.edu ICQ - 5473298 AIM - Spunky Cadaver