Bootstrap problems on /dev/hdd10

Subject: Bootstrap problems on /dev/hdd10
From: Gotse Grosdanof(pirate (gotseg@pirate.ca)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 20:08:23 MST

I am a complete newbie to Linux. I did a full install of YDL 2.1 on a G4 400
to my hdd drive (ATA 0.1). My OS 9 is on hda (ATA 2.0), OS X is on hdb (ATA
2.1). I did this for total seperation of OS's (not sure if this is a good
idea or not). Yaboot will not load my bootstrap, and the option key does not
bring up a linux drive. However I can boot from YDL 2.1 CD and tab into boot
options then:
cd-linux root=/dev/hdd12
it does boot, but when i go to /usr/sbin/ybin it says:

ofpath: Device: /dev/hdd is not supported
ybin: unable to find openFirmware path for boot=/dev/hdd10
ybin: please add ofboot=<path> where <path> is the OpenFirmware path to
/dev/hdd10 to /etc/yaboot.conf

any detailed instructions to get yaboot working would be greatly
appreciated. It is really getting frustrating looking for the YDL CD
everytime I want to Boot Linux.

Thanks!

gotseg@pirate.ca
(A.K.A. Commieboy)