Cannot start X

Subject: Cannot start X
From: Ian Cooper (ian@WPI.EDU)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 05:38:53 MST

Hello,

I have a Pmac 7200/120 with 64MB of ram. I was able to install YDL
2.1 from the downloadable ISO image, and that worked decently OK. I
installed X (from the RPMS provided on the CD) and was able to get it
to work in 640x480 mode (with 16-bit color). I was not, however, able
to get it to work with 800x600 mode. Is this possibly a limitation of
the hardware ('platinum' video controller, apple multiscan 15
monitor), or a mis-configuration?

Thanks.

--
Ian Cooper
ian@wpi.edu

-- "m=mrEzEiEimtKrEimzm,mtmWEimrKJEimrm,mzE zEiEimrEKmtEiKEmWm,mHmHKrEimzm-KaEimrmz KJm,mzmWEzEiJbEr" --ian