Re: Ok ok ISO images again...

Subject: Re: Ok ok ISO images again...
From: Graham Leggett (minfrin@sharp.fm)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 13:22:35 MST

Jeff Minard wrote:

> Ok, when I dragged it onto Toast Titanium 5.0.2 it says it's an
> unrecognizeable format...
>
> After I say "continue anyway" it asked for some pre/post gap settings and
> the block size for the image. What's that?
>
> Gosh - the rest of this install better not be this difficult...

Burning CDs is straightforward in some apps, and a confusing pain in the
ass in other apps - but none of this is within the control of the people
who made YDL.

One of the first things to check is whether your download was successful
- check the filelengths of your file, and check the MD5 checksum as well
- you will have piece of mind that you are not burning a coaster.

When I was faced by the block size settings, write-at-once, etc in Nero
I chose the defaults and it worked. You'll have to read you CD burner
manual for details on what all this stuff is if the defaults don't work.

If all else fails though - just order a CD and save yourself the hassle.

Regards,
Graham

minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street