Dual booting OS9.1 and Linux with ybin

Subject: Dual booting OS9.1 and Linux with ybin
From: Tim ODriscoll (tim@StokePogesWay.demon.co.uk)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 16:36:18 MST

Hi everyone,

I've set up yaboot.conf to give me a menu at bootup for MacOS9.1 or Linux.

Trouble is that when I go into MacOS, it seems to reset the boot device in
OF so that if I want to go into Linux again, I have to do the
command-option-O-F boot sequence and tell OF to do it manually.

I'm not much of a MacOS person, but I've tried digging around in the
Extensions folder to find a reference to Drive Setup or something, but to
no avail.

Does a setting exist to stop MacOS from over writing OF at every boot?

Thanks,

Tim