Re: Is there a bootable floppy image ?

Subject: Re: Is there a bootable floppy image ?
From: Bo Brinkman (brinkman@cs.princeton.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 22:27:27 MST

YDL 2.1 will not boot on old-world machines...while it *is* possible to
make bootable CDs on these machines, there are technical reasons YDL did
not bother.

Yaboot would not work on a 4400 anyway, so you should use BootX, and you
will need a MacOS install. If you do not own MacOS, you can download 7.5
for free from Apple, though I'm not sure how you will get it onto disks
to install it...

As for installing using the BootX_Installer, and using the BootX
boot-loader, see YDLs install guide.

More info about the 4400 (though this is a bit dated now, so take with a
grain of salt) can be found at
http://cable.linuxppc.org:8080/hardware/tanzania/

Bo

William "Bo" Brinkman                         brinkman@cs.princeton.edu
Princeton Computer Science                 http://www.derandomized.org/
--
I do not avoid women Mandrake, but I do deny them my essence.
   --General Jack D. Ripper, from Doctor Strangelove