Re: Installing 7300/200

Subject: Re: Installing 7300/200
From: Charlie Watts (cewatts@frontier.net)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 05:27:49 MST

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Jon wrote:

> on 12/12/01 2:34 AM, Trevor J. Mahan at tjmahan@earthlink.net wrote:

> "How difficult will the installation be?
> Yellow Dog Linux contains a rock-solid, easy-to-use installer that allows
> the installation process to be relatively simple..."
>
> Not..
>
> Does ANYONE have ANY clue how to get this thing to work?
>
> Problem:
> Hangs on "partitioning"...
>
> 7300/200
> 32mb RAM
> 2gig HD Everything here is up to par, or at least that's what they say...

You might try booting into MacOS and using disk tools to partition the
disk back to nothing, and then try YDL again.

I broke my partition table with NetBSD once and couldn't get -anything-
except disk tools to get me back to a usable state. Once I did that I was
able to use the YDL tools again.

Not sure what the issue was.

--
Charlie Watts