Re: Installing 7300/200

Subject: Re: Installing 7300/200
From: Timothy A. Seufert (tas@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 13:33:49 MST

At 7:43 AM -0500 12/12/01, Jon wrote:
>Ok,
>
>Just in case someone actually can help me...
>
>***
>Boot with 9.1 disk, partition 2 drives. 1 Standard (303mb), 1 unallocated
>(1.7 gig). Initialize.
>
>Install basic OS.
>
>Reboot.
>
>Install the boot program, restart.
>
>Select - all "normal" options.
>
>Follow the instructions for an "OldWorld" machine to the T.
>
>Select "save"
>
>"Formatting
>
> /dev/sda8, then /dev/sda9" after a couple min. I have let it sit on
>/dev/sda9 for way more then 5 hours.
>
>***
>
>Have tried the above more then 6 times.
>
>I will have your baby if you get this to work for me. :)

I've had similar problems with YDL 2.0 installs. Try editing only
one partition at a time. That is, select a disk to edit, create or
change exactly one partition, and save. Repeat that process until
you've defined and formatted all the partitions you need for Linux.
Weird, I know, but it worked for me.

--
Tim Seufert