RE: wallstreet lockup

Subject: RE: wallstreet lockup
From: Walls, Bryan (Bryan.Walls@msfc.nasa.gov)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 14:43:28 MST

I mean I did the default Development install, and didn't make any changes to
screensavers. A saver kicks in after a few minutes of inactivity, which may
be one of several diffent designs. I've never seen a problem if I leave it
on 2-3 hours. However, longer than that, especially overnight, it's quite
likely that I can't get the system to wake up by hitting the space bar -- or
anything else.

A beige G3 desktop running the same setup in the same office never lock up
like that. I leave it on all the time.

The screensaver is still going on the laptop when it locks. I just can't
make it stop.