Re: Installing 7300/200 stalls on formatting

Subject: Re: Installing 7300/200 stalls on formatting
From: Terry Allen (hmag@ozemail.com.au)
Date: Thu Dec 13 2001 - 01:38:25 MST

>Hi,
>
>I do have the same problem on an Old World 7500 AV PowerMac.
>
>Contrary to all of you on this subject, I do have more that 32 Mo of RAM
>(96 to be precise), and the install hangs
> on the partitioning step ...
>I have even partitioned the disk with pdisk under MacOS and tried to jump
>directly to the install step ... nothing !!!
>
>I do not know what is wrong with that damned YDL 2.1, but it seems to be
>the worst realease so far for Old World machine ....
>
>Regards
>Olivier

Hi again,
        I've had no problem with the 7600 or 7300 that I've installed on
(both done with 64MB & 128MB). I found that if I did the partition for Mac
OS using drive setup from the 9.1 install CD & as per the install guide,
left the rest as 'Unallocated', then did the rest of partitioning using the
YDL graphical installer & it worked for me.
        I have no way of knowing if you partitioned like I did, but if not,
then maybe that might be a problem.
        I have had problems with earlier versions of Drive setup - try the
latest, so I guess that could be a problem also. Just a few suggestions in
case they help. Good luck.

        Bye for now, Terry Allen
hEARd

Postal Address:
        hEARd
        c/o 128 The Entrance Rd
        The Entrance
        NSW 2261
        Australia

Internet -
        WWW:
        http://heard.com.au or http://www.ozemail.com.au/~hmag
        http://hosting.heard.com.au

Interactive Message Board - http://heard.com.au/wwwboard/

EMAIL: (checked every Thursday & Sunday, sometimes more often)
hmag@ozemail.com.au

Non profit promotion for new music
Also, check out the Educate site - http://www.educate.net.au