proftpd won't start

Subject: proftpd won't start
From: Zeke Runyon (zrunyon@mac.com)
Date: Thu Dec 13 2001 - 14:35:05 MST

I try to start it directly from the binary:
$ sudo ./in.proftpd
xterm3.columbus.rr.com - Fatal: unable to determine IP address of
`xterm3.columbus.rr.com'.

Before, I had it working fine. It is enabled in the xinetd configuration
files. I restarted xinetd.

It seems I have problems with hosts... I am on a Roadrunner cable
connection. The modem is connected to a gateway router. The gateway
router is connected to a ethernet hub. The router is forwarding ftp,
telnet, and web requests to my linux box. Since I don't have a domain
name, I'm using dhs.org. The domain name of the box is gloin.dhs.org. It
works fine.

Is there something I have to configure in the way of domains? Do I have
to run my own DNS server?

-zekemon

                            ##
# Zeke Runyon | zrunyon@mac.com | zekeworld.home.dhs.org
# blog: communistsquirrel.home.dhs.org
# Mac OS X 10.1.1 5M28 | OS 9.2.1 | Yellow Dog Linux 2.1
# Communist squirrels shall rule the world.