Installation help

Subject: Installation help
From: John P. Burke (jburke@awod.com)
Date: Thu Dec 13 2001 - 20:19:17 MST

I have just attempted to install the YDL 2.1 that came today with my
"Yellow Dog Linux -- Linux for Your PowerPC" book.

The install went along pretty well, and then stopped! I got the
following message.

--------
Bug Report Traceback:

IO Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:

'/tmp/root/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0'

File "/usr/lib/yi/network.py", line 521, in writeNetworkConfig
f=open(os.path.join(self.installPath,
'etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-'+dev),'w')

File "/usr/lib/yi/network.py", line 70, in write
self.writeNetworkConfig()

File "/usr/lib/yi/network.py", line 59, in configure
self.write()

File "/usr/lib/yi/network.py", line 57, in_call_
return self.configure(ergs)

I attempted to use the "Debug" button, but nothing happened.
After having done so, I had to shut down the whole computer and
restart it again.

What should I do now to get YDL 2.1 to install on my G3 Blue and White
Mac? I can't get it to do anything past this message on repeated
attempts to re-install from the CD I got with the book.

I'd sure appreciate any suggestion you might have as to how to get
YDL up and running.

Pat Burke