Re: Sendmail problems

Subject: Re: Sendmail problems
From: Charlie Watts (cewatts@frontier.net)
Date: Fri Dec 14 2001 - 10:19:05 MST

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Brian Foster wrote:

> I've successfully got sendmail working on my linux box. However, I have an
> account and and another person has an account in my office. When I send an
> email to her, she gets it five times. When she sends an email to me, I get
> five times or more. Am I missing a setting somewhere? I've looked on
> messageboards for any information, but I haven't found anyone experiencing
> this problem.

Look at the headers of the delivered messages: are they identical, or do
they have slightly different Received: lines?

Look in the mailboxes as they are delivered on the linux box, see if they
are there multiple times.

And above all, look in /var/log/maillog to see what it says. :-)

--
Charlie Watts
cewatts@frontier.net