Re: 8500 with teeny 1gig SCSI drive (uhg)

Subject: Re: 8500 with teeny 1gig SCSI drive (uhg)
From: Sean O. Denney (sdenney@cise.ufl.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 14 2001 - 18:08:26 MST

The 8500, along with all previous Macs can take SCSI-II drives which
max out at 9GB. You can also get external SCSI drives for your
machine; up to 160GB if you can afford it.

Next, your filesystem can fit nicely on a 1GB drive. But, you could
split your filesystem up between a hundred drives if you really wanted
to. Of course, for some room you may want to place your /home
elsewhere, like an external drive.

--- Sean