mount.py install error during partitioning

Subject: mount.py install error during partitioning
From: James Cordiner (james@cordiner.com)
Date: Fri Dec 14 2001 - 17:37:28 MST

Hi,

I just gave a new 2.1 install disk a try on a Powerbook G3. The installation
fails just at the point where it start formating the new partitions with a
python debuge error claiming it can't load mount.py from /tmp/etc/root (or
was it /tmp/root/etc, sorry I am not sure know!)

I noticed someone else had this problem and the only suggestion where that
the disk must be bad. I burned the disk from FreeBSD as an ISO (I don't have
a Mac burner), it seems fine and the source files MD5 is okay.

Is there any possiblity that there is some other kind of problem?

Thanks in advance for any help.

jms.