RE: wallstreet lockup

Subject: RE: wallstreet lockup
From: Heather Donahue (heatherd@sonic.net)
Date: Sat Dec 15 2001 - 00:25:36 MST

At 4:18 PM -0700 on 12/12/01, Charlie Watts wrote:

>On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Heather Donahue wrote:
>
>> Is there a manual method of turning off the backlight?
>
>Apart from the little buttons ...

The buttons don't work on my Pismo with YDL 2.0 Maybe I need to upgrade for that to work. In fact do the sound level buttons work?

I was going to use yup to upgrade but I've had trouble using PPP. My iMac was easy because it's networked to the Pismo and I usually run IPNetRouter. So I haven't had to setup PPP or worry about routing.

I'll have to read the How-Tos and figure out how to set up PPP and Ethernet so they work together. I've ordered the YDL 2.1 CD's so I'll wait until I upgrade to worry about it.

>`fblevel`
>
>Give it numbers between 0 (off) and either 10 or 15 (full on).
>
>fblevel 0
>fblevel 8

That does work, thanks.

As to the screensaver, I think I'm spoiled by Sleeper on MacOS 9. That's the only screensaver I use and it just turns the backlight down or off.

--
Heather Donahue