Re: Install fails transferring packages syslog

Subject: Re: Install fails transferring packages syslog
From: Gordon Neault (gordo-x@shaw.ca)
Date: Sat Dec 15 2001 - 11:01:56 MST

I had this problem when I attempted to install.
I found that the choice of packages determined if the error showed up.
Try installing with simpler packages (home/office if X is required or
one of the smaller packages closest to the top of the installer list if
console only) and adding other packages manually later.
This may be related to some packages being on YDL disks other than the
install CD (just a guess).