Re: partitions/mount points for 2.1 install

Subject: Re: partitions/mount points for 2.1 install
From: Gordon Neault (gordo-x@shaw.ca)
Date: Mon Dec 17 2001 - 10:14:08 MST

Well, I had no problems using the following:
Create partitions in MacOS9 (X Drive Setup has too large minimum
partition sizes) of:
HFS (for use as a bootloader) first available partition
HFS+ (for use in MacOS)
HFS (for use as a shared drive Mac/Linux)
Free Space

In YDL installer, delete HFS Bootloader partition (so it becomes
identified as free space)
Create bootloader partition and select "for use as a bootloader".
Create / /home /usr /var partitions (select "regular linux partition")
Create swap partition ("linux swap partition")
Save.
Enter mountpoints for /home /usr /var (and I would have created root &
swap if not defined)
Save.