Ridiculous error messages from YD installation...

Subject: Ridiculous error messages from YD installation...
From: John Nelson (john@computation.com)
Date: Mon Dec 17 2001 - 16:52:29 MST

Now I'm really getting frustrated with this thing...

I installed 256 meg of RAM into my 8500 and managed to get past the
formating issues I had previous. So far so good. So now I get to the
"mount points" screen and use my 1 gig drive for "/". Just keep it
simple. Now I click on "done" ...

and I get an error message that says something like "Error: undefined
type". Say what? What "type" have I not defined? I answered every
question the installer asked me and define my boot loader, swap and main
partition. These partitions formatted fine. There has been no
opportunity for me to define a "type" anywhere in here.

So I click on "continue" despite the warning that things might be
unstable and go to install packages, and the installer starts installing
the packages... and it immediately pops up an error panel that says:

Error occured

... and that's all. No error message. Just the fact that an error
occured. Underneath the panel I see that it was trying to install a
package called "database". At this point I'm in an infinite loop and have
to shut down with the power button.

Sheeze this sucks... I can't believe that the Redhat installer (which
someone claimed this was based on) was this bad!

So anyone have any ideas on how to fix this and get Yellow Dog to install?

-- John

John T. Nelson President | Computation.com Inc mail: | john@computation.com company: | http://www.computation.com/ journal of computation: | http://www.computation.org/ _____________________________________________________ "Providing quality IT consulting services since 1992"