Installing without Mac OS - was Re: Newbie Alert!

Subject: Installing without Mac OS - was Re: Newbie Alert!
ghannon@cspi.com
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 07:50:19 MST

Kurt,

I changed the subject so that people looking over the archives will
be able to know what this is about. A descriptive subject is helpful
for that reason.

You can use the Mac-OS install CD to format the disk as one large
partition. It will initialize the partion, and then install Mac OS. When
you do the Yellow Dog Install, in the "partition the Disk" stage, just
delete the last partition, which contained Mac OS as the first step.
Leave everything up to and including the Apple Patches partition.
From there on in the directions should cover it.

I would recommend when you choose which package to install, that
you do at least the "Developers" install, if you have enough room.
Eventually you are going to need to compile something, probably
sooner rather than later.

Good Luck,

Gary Hannon

Kurt Feltenberger <kurt@blazenet.net> on 12/17/2001 05:30:51 PM