Re: Installing without Mac OS - was Re: Newbie Alert!

Subject: Re: Installing without Mac OS - was Re: Newbie Alert!
From: Kurt Feltenberger (kurt@blazenet.net)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 08:13:03 MST

At 09:50 AM 12/18/2001 -0500, you wrote:

>Kurt,
>
>I changed the subject so that people looking over the archives will
>be able to know what this is about. A descriptive subject is helpful
>for that reason.
>
>You can use the Mac-OS install CD to format the disk as one large
>partition. It will initialize the partion, and then install Mac OS. When
>you do the Yellow Dog Install, in the "partition the Disk" stage, just
>delete the last partition, which contained Mac OS as the first step.
>Leave everything up to and including the Apple Patches partition.
> >From there on in the directions should cover it.
>
>I would recommend when you choose which package to install, that
>you do at least the "Developers" install, if you have enough room.
>Eventually you are going to need to compile something, probably
>sooner rather than later.

Thanks! I'm planning on just having it install the works as I have 20GB to
play with.

So, based on the notes above, when the system starts, in the upper left
corner will be an "L" and a "C"?

Kurt Feltenberger
mailto:kurt@blazenet.net
Morrow Project Campaign http://www.sol-3.net
WT-L Support Pages http://www.sol-3.net/wt-l
TEOTWAWKI Fiction and PBEM http://www.teotwawki.net

"To our Country! In her intercourse with foreign nations,
      may she always be in the right, but our country, right or wrong!"
           ~Stephen Decatur