Re: partitions/mount points for 2.1 install

Subject: Re: partitions/mount points for 2.1 install
From: Andy Hocker (hocker@fnal.gov)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 22:23:56 MST

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Patrick Callahan wrote:

> It looks like you assigned your boot loader partition to /
>
> This may have caused it to be reformatted as ext2.
>
> Have you tried it with HDA11 as /

The installer determines the mount points automatically.
But I never was able to make an HFS bootloader partition
and then have it STAY an HFS partition after the mount points
were decided on.

> At this point I'd delete hda9 and remake it as an hfs partition
>
> Can the installer pull that off or do you have to go back to the Apple disk
> utility?

I did try from the installer, but yes in the end I had to
use the Apple Drive Setup. Annoying, but I gotta say that
once this was out of the way, the YDL 2.1 install was just
baby-butt-smooth.

Andy

Andy Hocker office: CDF trailer 168-O
University of Rochester phone: (630)-840-8622
Fermilab/CDF - M.S. 318 fax: (630)-840-2968
PO Box 500 e: hocker@fnal.gov
Batavia, IL 60510 hey ho: let's go