Re: HELP!!! Can't boot!

Subject: Re: HELP!!! Can't boot!
From: Robert Story (rstory-l@revelstone.com)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 22:44:24 MST

into open firmware. then type devalias and see if you can pick out a few
candidates.

for example, on my B&W G3, I have ide0, cd, zip, ide1, hd, ultra0 and ultra1.
I'm guessing you'll end up with something like ultra1...

Then try booting from these images from the ybin prompt. For example to
boot from the partition 10 of the ultra1 drive,

        ultra1:10,/vmlinux

Once you've found one that works, update /etc/yaboot.conf and re-run ybin.