Re: Apache as a proxy server

Subject: Re: Apache as a proxy server
From: Christopher Murtagh (christopher.murtagh@mcgill.ca)
Date: Wed Dec 19 2001 - 07:02:57 MST

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Brian Mayton wrote:
>I'm running both a FileMaker Web Companion server on an older mac and a
>regular Apache web server on a different Mac. Since I'm behind a NAT
>router, the Apache server is on port 80, while the FileMaker server is
>on another port (something in the 500s, I can't remember exactly what it
>is.)

 If you are behind a NAT, then why not remap inbound port 80 requests to
port 500 on your FileMaker machine? Depending on your NAT/IPMasq software,
this should be pretty easy and much more efficient.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Sysadmin Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada

Tel.: (514) 398-3122 Fax: (514) 398-2017