Re: Ethernet

Subject: Re: Ethernet
From: John Schmidt (jas@netbrick.com)
Date: Wed Dec 19 2001 - 10:28:13 MST

On Tuesday 18 December 2001 03:36 pm, you wrote:
> Hmm, doesn't make a difference..
>
> On Tuesday, December 18, 2001, at 05:26 PM, Jon wrote:
> > Well, I will look into that right now...
> >
> > But.. I also installed YDL 2.1 on another machine that is on the same
> > network and it works just fine.
> >
> > Thanks.

Jon,

Since I only have one machine that that connects to the internet via ppp, my
networking knowledge suffers. I would certainly look up the how-to for
networking. Easiest place to find the how-tos are on www.linux.org. I would
also try and look at your working YDL 2.1 computer (one that can ping the
outside world) and compare each file in /etc/sysconfig on the working to the
non-working and see if you can isolate any differences.

John