mount of cdrom solved - kind of...

Subject: mount of cdrom solved - kind of...
From: Jim Lambert (jlx@lamberts.org)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2001 - 09:44:32 MST

Hi,

I searched through the archives and came up with this solution:
  echo 0 > /proc/sys/dev/cdrom/check_media
This works, but where should I put it, so it's executed every time I
login. /etc/rc.d/rc.local doesn't seem right. Any suggestions?
Also, I'm curious to know why is this necessary to begin with.

Well, now I can mount cds and read data from them, but I still can't play
'music' cds though. Also, I get the following error in KDE when I try
to start the sound server:

 Sound server fatal error:

 Error while initializing the sound driver:
 Can't set playback format (_format = 17, asked driver to give 16, got 32)

I'm running the following versions of the KDE libs:

kdegraphics-2.2.1-1
kdemultimedia-2.2.1-1c
kdevelop-2.0.1-1
kdelibs-2.2.1-1c