Re: fbset permanent changes

Subject: Re: fbset permanent changes
From: Heather Donahue (heatherd@sonic.net)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2001 - 15:46:38 MST

On Thursday, December 20, 2001, at 07:07 AM, Avinash Gupta wrote:

> You can use 'xvidtune' while in KDE to correctly align the display, and
> once
> you are satisfied, click the 'Show' button. This will dump the correct
> Modeline that you can copy into your XF86Config-4 file. The next time
> you
> start KDE, you should have a properly aligned display.

xvidtune wouldn't let me change the display, it kept complaining about a
unsupported configuration.

I used fbset -x and got the settings to change in xvidtune and clicked
the show button. I don't know much about the XF86Config-4 file format.
I put the modeline where I thought it went but it didn't change anything.

I decided to use Xconfigurator to create a fail-safe file, I figured
that would be a good starting point. Strange thing is that the file
works perfectly as is.

I'd say problem solved but I'd also like to know what is different from
the old file. At least it works now.

Thanks for the help,
Heather Donahue