Re: Disk Partitioning

Subject: Re: Disk Partitioning
From: Artur F. Pimentel (arturp@secom.rj.gov.br)
Date: Fri Dec 21 2001 - 14:34:01 MST

Thank you Avinash, for your help.

There is no partition in my disk, and when I try to use the partition tool,
the program send this error message:
"There was a problem opening /dev/hda:
Error: Canīt have a partition outside the disk!"
I think this is a logical problem, and I have excluded all partitions, some
weeks ago, on the HD with FDISK utility from LinuxPPC Q4 2000. Thatīs why I
ask for tools to analyse the disk and repair it.
Earlier, today I have tryed to same thing and the error message was
something like this: "partition inconsistency, first byte says 3, and byte 6
says 1." I didn't write this message...
Is there some awy to wipe out all the disk? Is there any problem with big
disks (25.5GB)?

Again, thanks for your time and help.
Artur.