RE: RS6000 and YDL2.0 or 2.1

Subject: RE: RS6000 and YDL2.0 or 2.1
From: Christopher Murtagh (christopher.murtagh@mcgill.ca)
Date: Fri Dec 21 2001 - 21:00:29 MST

On Sat, 22 Dec 2001, Steve Kurlin wrote:
>I have played extensively with RS/6000 models and YDL 1.2
>
>I had the same problem you are having. When they went to YDL 2.0 they
>dropped all interest in RS/6000.
>
>Makes you wonder when they are just going to drop support for certain
>mac's If it gets a bit hard to keep up they just drop out.
>
>YDL was good on the RS/6000 and I suspect that it is still really good.
>Just never put it in production or to real use... blah blah blahzzzzzzz

 Steve,

 I can understand being frustrated with the fact that your hardware is no
longer supported, but this is really the wrong place to complain about it
with this tone. The RS/6000 is hardly the same hardware as Apple's PPC
hardware, and I suspect that most people on this list would rather see a
small company like Terra Soft devote their resources supporting new Apple
hardware than rare IBM hardware.

 The person you should really be complaining to is IBM, who like to preach
about Linux and interopability. They'll likely ask you to try out the new
RedHat distro that they dumped a whole lot of $$ into. Then you can do
yourself a favour and unsubscribe from the YDL list and no longer have to
hear about this 'dead horse'.

cheers,

Chris