Re: Book Recommendation

Subject: Re: Book Recommendation
From: Gordon Neault (gordo-x@shaw.ca)
Date: Sat Dec 22 2001 - 11:33:38 MST

I have used O'Reilly's RedHat 7.1 and found it useful; however by far
the best Linux book I know of is:

LPI LINUX Certification In A Nutshell: A Desktop Quick Reference;
Jeffrey Dean; O'Reilly; First Edition June 2001; ISBN 1-56592-748-6

The book is designed as a study guide for the Linux LPI Level 1 Exams
(101 and 102) and as such has some sample questions for study. However,
the majority of the book consists of brief, informative topics about
practically every level of running and administering Linux (and as a
desktop workstation user, we are administering our own desktop sytems).

I have seen many books cover much the same stuff, but none can do it as
clearly and concisely as this 550 page softcover text. The downside is
it's about $40.