Re: Book Recommendation

Subject: Re: Book Recommendation
From: Sam Moore (samiwas@macconnect.com)
Date: Sat Dec 22 2001 - 11:45:06 MST

Think Unix, John Lasser, QUE publishing. Good general intro to the
philosophy behind pipes and shell scripting and stuff like that.
Readable, concise. Do the exercises.

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Linux, Manuel Ricart, Que publishing-
believe it or not, despite the obnoxious title, it's not bad. Very
KDE-focussed, though it's Caldera-centric and a bit old.

Running Linux, various authors, O'reilly - a topic-centered resource
rather than a command-by-command tome. Quite good.

A Practical Guide to Linux, Mark Sobell, Addison-Wesley - a
command-by-command tome.

HTH...

--
Sam Moore <smoo@lungta.org>

Personal: http://www.lungta.org (not ready yet) For the clan: http://smhtf.lungta.org Work: http://www.ewcreative.com

"Good and bad, happy and sad, all thoughts vanish into emptiness like the imprint of a bird in the sky."