Re: Usage of PHP?

Subject: Re: Usage of PHP?
From: Sam Moore (samiwas@macconnect.com)
Date: Mon Dec 24 2001 - 17:05:13 MST

Make sure httpd.conf contains something like
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php3 .html
(syntax may vary depending on your Apache version - make sure it's
not commented out!).

This tells Apache to pour all files with the extensions .php, .php3
and .html through the PHP module before serving. (The .php3 is for
backward compatibility - may not be an issue for you.)
Based on your symptoms, I'd be willing to bet your httpd.conf omits
the .html extension from this line.

Be sure to restart Apache after editing httpd.conf (usually
# /usr/local/apache/bin/apahectl restart
will work).

--
Sam Moore <smoo@lungta.org>

Personal: http://www.lungta.org (not ready yet) For the clan: http://smhtf.lungta.org Work: http://www.ewcreative.com

"Good and bad, happy and sad, all thoughts vanish into emptiness like the imprint of a bird in the sky."