Re: can i re-create a ext2 filesystem while linux is installed

Subject: Re: can i re-create a ext2 filesystem while linux is installed
From: Ken Schweigert (ken@byte-productions.com)
Date: Fri Dec 28 2001 - 10:53:48 MST

David,

You should be able to login as admin and it should give you a prompt.
You should be in single-user mode now. Then run e2fsck:
  # e2fsck /dev/hda14
You shouldn't need the -b 8193 unless e2fsck complains about a bad
superblock. If it does complain, and -b 8193 gives the same error,
there are superblocks placed throughout the disk. I don't have a
list in front of me, but a google search should help.

I think the larger concern is that the error states that /boot/vmlinux
is an unknown filesytem. /boot/vmlinux is a kernel image, not a
filesystem. I'm also conerned about hda14 being your /usr partition
but the error references the /boot partition. If this is the case,
it would almost sound like the partition table/map is corrupt. If so,
that's a little out of my realm of expertise.

Hopefully this can spark an idea from one of the filesystem experts
out there.

-ken schweigert

--
-Ken Schweigert, Aspiring Network Administrator
Byte Productions, LLC