Re: Modem trouble...

Subject: Re: Modem trouble...
From: Andy Hocker (hocker@fnal.gov)
Date: Sat Dec 29 2001 - 14:12:14 MST

On Sat, 29 Dec 2001, Dylan Ward wrote:

> I have a PowerBook G4 500. I recently installed YDL 2.0 and have been
> having trouble setting up the modem. I obtained the init string from
> from the connection log on OS X (Internet Connect) but it will still no
> communicate with the modem. I keep getting a modem busy error. Is it
> something I forgot? I am a recent convert to PPC and used to use
> various flavours of RedHat (latest is 7.1). Maybe I am trying to set it
> up not realising that I have to do it a bit differently. Any help would
> be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried changing your pre-init and post-init delay times to
something nice and long, like 2 seconds or so? I had to do that to
get my modem working.

Good luck,
Andy

Andy Hocker office: CDF trailer 168-O
University of Rochester phone: (630)-840-8622
Fermilab/CDF - M.S. 318 fax: (630)-840-2968
PO Box 500 e: hocker@fnal.gov
Batavia, IL 60510 hey ho: let's go